How You Can Help XParam's Development
When we started XParam, it was our hope that as many people as possible will
contribute to the effort of improving XParam. If you want to take part in
programming XParam, contact us at the XParam discussion forum by clicking
on the letter icon at the bottom of the page.
If you have something specific you want to program you can go right ahead,
or you can choose one of these topics, that are what we see as the first
places to improve XParam.
These are, of course, only a few examples. The possibilities for improvement
are endless. You can contact us and ask us to elaborate on any of the
above-mentioned topics, if you are interested in taking it up, or you can
send us what your programming expertise is, and we will be able to direct
you to one of the sub-projects most suitable to you. The range of skills
required is very wide.
- Add support for dynamic loading in Windows and create an unloading scheme
- Add support for more generalized URL redirections, instead of filename-only redirections
- Improve XParam's support for typedefs and namespaces
- Add a "getopt compatible" mode
- Add support for "unnamed" parameters, as well as "named" (Python-like) constructor arguments
- Register more STL types
- Improve the Parser to recognize template parameters that aren't types and to recognize hexadecimals better
- Create an XParam-clone in Java
- Create an XParam-clone in C
- Create an XParam-clone in C#
- Improve XParam's error reporting schemes and add new ones
- Improve XParam's installation: automake support, deb package, etc.